Quilter's Crossing engages in several philanthropic activities throughout the year. Below is a list of our current
Philanthropic projects. For more information contact a us at
with Philanthropic in the subject line.
- F.E.A.S.T. (Food Emergency and Services Team) Coordinator: Chris Nelson - We support FEAST by collecting
canned food items and monetary donations at each business meeting for F.E.A.S.T. A 50/50 raffle is also held at each business meeting. Tickets
are $1.00 and the winner receives half of the money collected, F.E.A.S.T. receives the other half.
- Clothes to Kids We collect new underwear for children and teens
clothing drive. Girl's underwaer sizes 4-16, junior girls sizes 5-16,
boys sizes 4-16, young mens sizes 30 and up.
- Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranch:Safety Harbor We continue to sew and donate
twin size quilts for the children at the Florida Youth Ranchas. There is a turnover of
children and the quilts are for the children to keep.
- Pinellas Sheriff Advocate Quilter's Crossing members sew quilts and donate them to
Pinellas Sheriff Advocate to put in police cars for comfort to children and adults as needed. Our goal in 2018 of 100 quilts was met
and hopefully we can do the same this year.
- Quilts of Valor
Quilt blocks out of red, white, blue, cream and/or gold fabrics of different patterns
are made into a Quilt of Valor to be awarded to our Veterans. Blocks are collected at each
Proceeds from the 2019 Quilt Show Opportunity Quilt raffle were donated
to Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranch:Safety Harbor
Philanthropic Donations Summary -
In addition to our many Philanthropic Projects, Quilter's Crossing, Inc. donates regularly to the following:
- National Quilt Museum
- The Community Center for the use of Harbor Hall.
Previous Years' Philanthropic Projects