Quilter's Crossing engages in several philanthropic activities throughout the year. Below is a list of our current
Philanthropic projects for May 2016- April 2017. For more information contact a us at
with Philanthropic in the subject line.
- F.E.A.S.T. (Food Emergency and Services Team) Coordinator: Chris Nelson - We support FEAST by collecting
canned food items and monetary donations at each business meeting for F.E.A.S.T. A 50/50 raffle is also held at each business meeting. Tickets
are $1.00 and the winner receives half of the money collected, F.E.A.S.T. receives the other half.
- Clothes to Kids Coordinator: Carol Scott - We collect new underwear for children and teens
clothing drive. Girl's underwaer sizes 4-16, junior girls sizes 5-16,
boys sizes 4-16, young mens sizes 30 and up.
- Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranch:Safety HarborCoordinator: Barb Leuth - In 2017 we completed and donated
30 quilts to the Sheriffs Ranch. This year we will be donating more quilts as there is a turnover of
children. These quilts are twin sizes and they are for the children to keep.
- Pinellas Sheriff Advocate Coordinator: Rose Colosi - Quilter's Crossing members sew quilts and donate them to
Pinellas Sheriff Advocate to put in police cars for comfort to children and adults as needed. Our goal this year is 100 quilts.
- Quilts of Valor Coordinator: Ginger Messer -
We make quilt blocks out of red, white, blue, cream and/or gold fabrics from different patterns.
These blocks are made into a Quilt of Valor to be awarded to our Veterans. Blocks are collected at each
Our 2017 Quilt Show Opportunity Quilt raffle proceeds were donated
to Homeless Empowerment Project(HEP)
Philanthropic Donations Summary -
In addition to our many Philanthropic Projects, Quilter's Crossing, Inc. donates regularly to the following:
- National Quilt Museum
- The Community Center for the use of Harbor Hall.
Previous Years' Philanthropic Projects