Quilter's Crossing engages in several philanthropic activities throughout the year. Below is a list of our current
Philanthropic projects for May 2016- April 2017. For more information contact a us at
with Philanthropic in the subject line.
- F.E.A.S.T. (Food Emergency and Services Team) - canned food items and monetary donations
are collected at each business meeting for F.E.A.S.T. A 50/50 raffle is also held at each business meeting. Tickets
are $1.00 and the winner receives 50% of the money collected, while F.E.A.S.T. receives the rest.
- Clothes to Kids - New underwear and socks are collected in October for the "Drop Your Drawers"
clothing drive. Girl's underwaer sizes 4-16, junior girls sizes 5-16 (especially bikinis),
boys sizes 4-16(briefs and boxers), young mens sizes 30 and up (especially boxers) and children and young
adult size socks are welcome.
- Neonatalal Intensive Care Blankets - Flannel Blankets will be collected year round to be donated
to the neonatal intensive care unit at Countryside Hospital. Recommended sizes are 12"x18" and 34"x34"
(approximately). Flannel Fabric kits are available to members while supplies last and members may also
use their own fabric.
- Ryan's Case for Smiles(formerly Conkerr Cancer) - Members help sick children cope
with the stress of life changing illnesses and injuries by donating cheery and colorful pillowcase to this
organization. Instructions can be found online at Ryan's Case For Smiles
- Pinellas Sheriff Advocate - Quilter's Crossing members sew quilts and donate them to Pinellas Sheriff Advocate to put in police cars
for comfort to children and adults as needed.
- Quilts of Valor - A different pattern will be supplied each month for members to make a quilt block out of red, white, blue, cream
and/or gold fabric. Blocks will be collected at each business meeting and made into
Quilts of Valor to be awarded to our veterans.
Our 2015 Quilt Show Opportunity Quilt raffle raised $4,822 which was donated
to the Wounded Warrior Foundation
Philanthropic Donations Summary -
In addition to our many Philanthropic Projects, Quilter's Crossing, Inc. donates regularly to the following:
- National Quilt Museum
- The Community Center for the use of Harbor Hall.
Previous Years' Philanthropic Projects